support my work on patreon live workshop and online courses with Xia Taptara FREE VIDEO AND PS BRUSHES

Blade and Soul, game trailer from NCSoft.

Blade and Soul, game trailer from NCSoft.

Blade & Soul is under development by Lineage II development team, and the characters in this oriental style MMORPG are designed by the well-known illustrator HyungTae Kim. It is set in an oriental fantasy world and will use Unreal Engine 3.

This is one of the game from our company (NCSoft) which I am awaiting impatiently. I love the character design of the game, very stylize, slick and pretty. Of course, all done by Kim Hyung Tae.

By the way, Kim Hyung Tae visited our ArenaNet office last week. I will show you guys some photos and concept art for "Blade and Soul" on the next post. Peace!

Watch the Trailer: "Blade and Soul"


Anyway it hopefully will be released early 2009 or so.
More info here: Blade and Soul, NCsoft

New tutorials from idrawgirls:
-Drawing and shading face and head
-Draw quick comics panel using values and composition.
-Drawing haunted tree and castle
-Manga tutorial drawing giant mecha robot
-How to draw face soft shading female.
-Concept Art tutorial, magma river lava environment.

Dragon Creature design tutorial
- (Part 1) Draw and paint Dragon Fire Blaze
- (Part 2) Manga Tutorial Draw Fire Dragon
- (Part 3) Digital Art tutorial, Dragon Creature
- (Part 4) Digital Painting Step by step, dragon
- (Part 5) Drawing and painting Dragon Creature

FEATURE TUTORIAL:
Environmental Concept Sketch Tutorial
Face Constructed: How to draw faces
Character Design Tutorial Download
-Draw and Paint Women Body Tutorial II: Female Manga Fusion II
-Character Design Tutorial: Dark Valkyrie

** If you have any basic questions or specific please looked up Q/A section. Most of the time your questions has already been answered in Q/A.

If you need any help or support you can
-post questions or comment on the post (seems to be the fastest way to get response)
Peace,

Comments

Luca said…
Wow man this game is awesome- especially the women and the environments! I've played MagnaCarta and I know how beautiful the artwork is-- can't wait till you post them!:)

Anyways brother... I have two questions for you... is it possible to tell us for how long you've been drawing, I mean digitally! How long it took you to get so far? (although I now drawing is a never-ending process!)
Also is it possible you tell us a typical day of your work? I think for some of us who don't work in this industry, it would be nice to know a typical day of a concept artist!

What do you think??

Thanks & Peace!
Chris Reeve said…
Wow, that's the most spectacular combat I've seen in an MMORPG... Nice and fast paced. I especially liked the look of those wall running bits. The designs seem fresh too. Will the end product reflect this cool trailer though?

Can't wait to see those concepts!

I didn't think you were into/had time for gaming. Did play GW much? I just finished The Deep again tonight heh..
Oldboy said…
I've been waiting for this game and Aeon for awhile now. Both look amazing.
Dahaca said…
Ive played WOW and Lineage 2 but this is very fast!cant wait for the game!!!
I agree with all above!!!
Xia if you have time can you make a tutorial about horns.I draw Dahaka(that's where my name came)
but cant draw the horns
pokepetter said…
I saw this when it was first announced. Looks awesome, but in my opinion the girls are ugly and deformed (call it stylized if you want to). They all look the same. That's about all the bad I can say for now.

I like the running, a bit faster than in World of Walking.


I LOVE the special effects!