support my work on patreon live workshop and online courses with Xia Taptara FREE VIDEO AND PS BRUSHES

Top 100 Manga of all time "Fist of the North Star" that influence the generation before now

Top 100 Manga of all time "Fist of the North Star" that influence the generation before the 21th century.

I decided to make a new topic of my top 100 Manga that influence me as a kid and make me who I am today. They are not all anime looking like we, in America, usually expose to. And to refresh our head because if you are a reader of my blog you think you will only get how to draw and paint. Well, this is somehow relate...because everyone has his or her heroes. And this is about what have influence me in the past and present and I just want to let your guys see what beyond before I could even become a professional artist.

One was my huge inspiration as a little kid, I used to love the highly detail line work of Tetsuo Hara back then (and still). Also Great story line which later turns into an Anime series. The set and everything WAS fresh back then. I didn't see any genre like it then.

I think this one is finally published in US five to ten years back (can't remember when exactly.)
It was one of the big inspiration that make me want to do great art as a little child, and now I am doing them...donno if they great, but good enough I guess.

Maybe if I have some time, I should do tribute to all the Manga, Anime and Comics and all the traditional painters that inspired me. :)

(北斗の拳, Hokuto no Ken?, lit. "Fist of the Big Dipper"'), also known as Ken, the Great Bear Fist,[1][2] is a Japanese manga series that was originally serialized from 1983 to 1988 in the Japanese magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump, created by Tetsuo Hara and Buronson. The manga spans 245 chapters that were originally reprinted in 27 collected volumes (tankōbon) under the Jump Comics imprint.


Set in a post apocalyptic world where the Earth is barren and the strong survive by preying on the weak, the series follows the journey of Kenshiro, the successor of Hokuto Shinken (北斗神拳, "Divine Fist of the North Star"?), a secret martial arts style that allows its practitioner to destroy an opponent's body from within by striking into their secret channeling points, often resulting in a violent and gruesome death. Kenshiro uses his skills to protect the weak and innocent against the numerous villains that threaten their survival.


Fist of the North Star was one of the Weekly Shōnen Jump's most popular titles during the 1980s.

MANGA:
Fist Of The North Star: Blood Brothers (Fist Of The North Star)
Fist Of The North Star Master Edition Volume 2 (Fist of the North Star)

New tutorials:
-How to draw face of demonic creature Asura
-How to draw fantasy female character Manga Mage
-Gatorfish or Fish-Gator Creature Design drawing.
-Drawing Mecha Bike
-How to sketch a Sorcerer Pink
-Manga tutorial, how to draw and color pirate girl.
-Drawing and Painting Blonde Girl with Double Pistols
-Learn to paint woman portrait step by step.

FEATURE TUTORIAL:
Face Constructed: How to draw faces
Archetypes Design Manga Characters Tutorial Download
Character Design Tutorial Download
Female Figure Fusion Vol.02 Tutorial Download
-Character Design Tutorial: Dark Valkyrie
-Free Art tutorials download and more

Thanks for all overwhelming e-mails guys!!! Due to the high volume of e-mails and questions, I apologized that I cannot usually reply to you within a day or two.
** If you have any basic questions or specific please looked up Q/A section. Most of the time your questions has already been answered in Q/A.

If you need any help or support you can
-post questions or comment on the post (seems to be the fastest way to get response)

IF ANYONE HAS COOL OLD SCHOOL (80'-90'S) MANGA RECOMMENDATION , FEEL FREE TO POST REPLY ON COMMENT THEN I WILL ADD THEM TO THE LIST. HELP ME REMEMBER...unless you guys are too young (well then if you have any cool after 90's Manga, you can also post it then I will make another list.)

Peace,

Comments

Chris Reeve said…
When I was a kid where I used to live in the UK I don't think any of us knew what Manga even was! I could only get my hands on stuff like 2000AD...

To this day I've only seen anime versions of stuff (Fist of the North Star being one of them).
Knuckles930 said…
Back than I did know some manga, but I never took the time to look further into it. But I do have Appleseed and Ghost in the shell.
idrawgirls said…
Chris> I know...first I came to US, there is NO manga. But time's changed, WE now have INTERNET! 2000 AD is Awesome!
I love MANGA and Comics way better than anime for some reason, it's RAW...I guess.

knuckle>> Shirow is the man! Ghost in the shell blew me away with its concept and stuff.

There will be more on the 100 list that I am trying to recalled...the cream of the crops. There were so many I have read back when I was a kid. They were GREAT and meaningful!
idrawgirls said…
BTW: I also love tradition superhero comics. Great craftsmanship and well written! Though the thing I love about Manga is its new ideas and how fresh each of them are.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for share!