support my work on patreon live workshop and online courses with Xia Taptara FREE VIDEO AND PS BRUSHES

Journey E3 game trailer super WOW!

I was watching tons of trailers from this year E3 as I usually do every year, except nowadays I don't have to be there and wait in line anymore. Thanks to the internet, I am at the comfort of my own home and I can instantly watch whatever trailer I wish in just a few finger tapping and click. No more walking around in an extremely crowded place and most importantly it save me a lot of time.
Journey is one of the most impressive game I have seen in a while, I cannot wait to get my hands on it. The graphic look very very simple, but yet it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow! Visually on the the best I've ever seen. The way they use just a few color and simple silhouettes and make it looks like +AAA game is genius. From the art standpoint, it is extremely creative and difficult to pull off. I love the visual cinematic scope of Journey from TGC (ThatGameCompany). They previous made award winning PlaystationNetwork, Flow and Flower.


With Journey, thatgamecompany (TGC) continues its tradition of delivering simple gameplay and accessible controls in a rich interactive environment that invites players to explore and experience emotional chords that are still uncommon in video games.


Journey Game Trailer


An exotic adventure with a more serious tone, Journey presents TGC's unique vision of an online adventure experience. Awakening in an unknown world, the player walks, glides, and flies through a vast and awe-inspiring landscape, while discovering the history of an ancient, mysterious civilization along the way.
The twist, however, is that Journey has online multiplayer. (I don't know if I like that, I worked for and play MMO before.  I am still not a really big fan, I like playing by myself when I want to play.  Hopefully they will have a single player story mode)
"We wanted to re-imagine an online experience, where the player doesn't feel that powerful, rather they feel small and feel in awe towards the world," explained Chen. "And when two players, who both feel small, meet in an online experience, it will be quite different from two players who both have a rocket launcher in their hands."
Not only does Journey have online multiplayer--I'll get back to that in a few moments--it also has a more traditional control scheme than thatgamecompany's previous works. Unlike flOw and Flower, which saw players tilting the controller to move around, Journey assigns movement to the analog stick, with players literally tilting the controller to move the camera around. Only two other buttons, jump and call, are used.


To that end, Journey is all about exploring a mysterious world covered by an ocean of sand, stone ruins, and pieces of cloth that are part of a puzzle. Wearing a scarlet robe that stands out in stark contrast to the environment, players wake up in the middle of the sand world with no idea of how they got there. Players must seek out clues to discover the history of the mysterious planet.


Interview with co-creator Jenova Chen


The game will feature multiplayer interactions, but TCG hasn't revealed exactly how players will encounter one another online.


The Journey is set to begin on the PlayStation Network sometime in 2011. I can't wait.



Comments