support my work on patreon live workshop and online courses with Xia Taptara FREE VIDEO AND PS BRUSHES

Green Lantern


How to draw Green Lantern.  Hello, here is another speedpainting of superhero GREEN LANTERN. It's been a couple weeks since I post speedpainting last. I always get inspired whenever they are going to make another movie of superhero. Anyway, honestly, Green Lantern has never really been on my list. I only wish that they will make Dead Pool with Ryan Reynolds, that guy has come a long way since "Van Wilder" (I still love the film btw). Anyway here are step by step and video tutorial of how to draw superhero Van Wilder, no I meant Green Lantern. This one I start of with a bit more line work because I have to deal with a slight perspective from the head down. So I just want to make sure the shape go correctly using line work as guideline. Then from shape I render it out with values in basically monochrome and randomly playing with edges outside the figure to create some sort of fake background. I want to play with it a little further but then I lost interest and just leave it as is. This one took me about an hour or so.

Green Lantern is the name of several fictional characters, superheroes appearing in comic books published by DC Comics (I didn't know that, um...would he then be Dead Pool for Marvel? probably NOT.) Each Green Lantern possesses a power ring and power lantern that gives the user great control over the physical world as long as the wielder has sufficient willpower and strength to wield it. The ring is one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, and can be very dangerous. While the ring of the Golden Age Green Lantern (Alan Scott) was magically powered, the rings worn by all subsequent Lanterns were technological creations of the Guardians of the Universe, who granted such rings to worthy candidates. These individuals made up the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps.

You might also interested in the following super hero and heroines tutorials, go watch How to draw Fantastic 4 Susan Storm (basic comics style drawing with pose), How to draw Batgirl comics, and watch How to draw comics superhero spiderman, and my How to draw comics character Hulk, it also has coloring or paint over tutorial. Also the new arrival video tutorial, How to draw Captain America, Thor, draw comics girl Emma Frost, And an older video tutorial, How to draw Batman or Darknight.

Also basic to intermediate anatomy drawing instruction video, they are short but get right to the point and will be useful for studying muscles and human anatomy for artist go watch Drawing body muscle torso anatomy video & step by step and Drawing arm muscles bicep tricep video. Have fun watching.

Here is a final image GREEN LANTERN


Here are step by step drawing and painting GREEN LANTERN
draw body in perspective

learn to draw comics character

Finally about after an hour
green lantern concept art
Here is a bigger version: Green Lantern

Video Tutorial digital painting process Green Lantern.  ;-)



More full length PREMIUM video tutorials
Free  Videos      Download & More

Comments

chalian said…
I'm still looking forward to seeing your tutorials,
I've made a habit of coming every day !
One question :
How many brushes do you use for this drawing ?
thank you for sharing your experience!
Anonymous said…
Awesome painting. I have a few questions: what brush are you using and what opacity do you use or do you change the grey to a darker grey and do the shading?
CyberTriber said…
Hey Xia, nice work bro! I've been watching heaps of your tute's over the last 6-8 months...just want to say thanx for the great work and the inspiration. Love your style man. Keep it up.
Thom said…
Blake Lively was fantastic in "The Town" and both "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". She doesn't look like she's given much to do in "Green Lantern".
idrawgirls said…
Sorry for the delay and back log with so many comments left out. Sometimes I cannot see them all.
:)

Chalian> Thanks for the comment. I am glad you can get something from here. That's the purpose of this blog.
I probably use 5-6 main brushes, but the thing is...Brushes could blind sided you.
What I am trying to be good at and trying to emphasis the most is LIGHT or VALUES. Brushes are something which you can use them to give an interesting look and play around with hard edges or soft edges. I would say forget the brush for now and try to achieve what you want without fancy brushes but just the basic for a few months. Then come back and use them as addition, not relying on it. You will see HUGE different in your work.

Anonymous> HERE http://idrawgirls.blogspot.com/search/label/-Frequently%20Ask%20Questions%20Q/A
and look for Q/A on the right column of the blog. Good luck.

Cyber> thanks brother, hope the site do you some good. thanks again.

Thom> LOL, I don't know who that is. but will google it. ;)
Anonymous said…
Thanks! The link doesn't work but i found my way there, it's really amazing with the layers that you use grey and then 3 layers and that's it, so simple and it looks good.