support my work on patreon live workshop and online courses with Xia Taptara FREE VIDEO AND PS BRUSHES

The Sorcerer and the White Snake movie trailer

I browsed Youtube the other day and I stumble on "The Sorcerer and the White Snake trailer"or typically called "Legend of the White Snake" and Jet Li will be in it! I was just painting an unfinished illustration of a white snake a few weeks back, Compostion sketch white snake lady. I didn't really expect to see the movie so soon. For a moment I thought I have a super power of foretelling the future.  I will now have to finish the concept just for fun.


Anyway, I remember seeing the older white snake version as a kid. It was called "Legend of white snake" I believe but it is "Green Snake" on wikipage here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Snake That was a fantasy film made by Tsui Hark. back in 1993 I don't remember much but just pretty white snake lady in white Sung's Chinese costume. It is a variation of a Chinese folk tale Madame White Snake, where Lillian Lee tells the story from the perspective of Xiaoqing, the Green Snake, who normally plays a supporting role behind the main character Bai Suzhen, the White Snake. OK, now I see why the movie is called "Green Snake"


JET LI, yes!




Huang Shengyi 黃聖依 or Eva Huang is a white snake demon.





Also Xu Ruoxuan 徐若瑄 or Vivien Hsu is a sorcerer.  



Anyway, I am very excite to see this movie!!! The story line of the new film is probably very close to the original story of Bai Suzhen (白素貞), you can read it here on Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_White_Snake#Full_story
Though they will probably tweak it here and there.


Here is The Sorcerer and the White Snake movie trailer
China mainland version


Cantonese (Hong Kong version)

Some of the special effect is questionable, but I am not complaining. I will see it anyway.




The film Production started in September 10, 2010 and ended on January 16, 2011. The film will be in 3-D and will be shown out of competition at the 68th Venice International Film Festival. It will be released in Hong Kong on 29 September 2011



Comments