support my work on patreon live workshop and online courses with Xia Taptara FREE VIDEO AND PS BRUSHES

Drawing step by step: male man character design for manga comics

QA on using references for art. Video of Drawing and sketching male (man, hero) character design demo lesson tutorial for manga, cartoon and comics. Learn how to draw body or figure with fantasy concept costume design. Learn from basic sketching to finish drawing quick concept for comics cartoon illustration, manga, anime.

This tutorial is how I usually draw regularly as a rough sketch to get the idea out of my head. I usually draw many of these and then if I happen to like some of them then I will or paint over the drawing and maybe take it to the finish stage.

Viewer Question: "wow, man! nice job! jus wonderin do you use reference, cause I still you referencing for poses n others things and I'm wondering when will I not need the aid of reference? THANX AGAIN 4 SHARIN!"

Me: "I don't usually use any reference when I am sketching drawing unless I run into questionable area that I couldn't figure it out. But if I am doing somewhat realistic face I use ref for lighting and starting point of ref for facial feature variation in design characters. The best way to go about it when doing poses or character is draw a lot of real figures from life in any life drawing (figure drawing session) any where in college, university near you. Even some public session...I am sure they have it around your city.

What I do is I go to a local life drawing session at least once a week. It a classical way to for artist to train how to draw figure with real people. The more you do the more you absorb images into your brain and it will become a library of poses. Long story shot, find life drawing or figure drawing session near you (they usually hold open session at the university or something like that) That's the best way to learn how to draw figure I know of."


Here is a sketch:
how to draw, painting, comics,anime, manga, man, male,king, hanuman, tutorial.

Here a a video demonstration with narration:


New tutorials:
-Drawing Anime Mecha steampunk Girl Part 1
-Drawing Anime Mecha steampunk Girl Part 2
-Drawing Monkey King character Part 1 (drawing and sketching ideas)
-Drawing Monkey King character Part 2 (Establishing light and shadow or value)
-Drawing Monkey King character Part 3 (Assign Color and composition)
-Drawing Woman Face tutorial: Lady in black




Here are basic tutorial for human body:
-Drawing arm, shoulder, and torso.
-Drawing female body figure model sheet
-Drawing woman body or female figure (top): Torso
-Drawing woman body or female figure (bottom): Pelvis, hip
-Drawing Basic female body for manga & comics video

Feel free to comment and if you have any question about how to draw and such do not hesitate to post, I will try my best to answer any question about art as much as possible.
Enjoy,

Comments

footiam said…
I like your blog very much. So, add your link in my blog roll at http://impermanentworld.blogspot.com
idrawgirls said…
Thanks, Very ZEN like BLOG you have.
Thanks for the back link, I shall do the same. :)