support my work on patreon live workshop and online courses with Xia Taptara FREE VIDEO AND PS BRUSHES

Painting X-men First Class Emma Frost in process

Painting X-men First Class Emma Frost in process step by step.
After I did a portrait study from a previous post (Tutorial Portrait painting digital) I thought the piece could be further refine as some sort of character design piece. So I am thinking Emma Frost, also known as the White Queen, would be a good fit for the character design. Frost is probably one of my most favorite character of all female character in X-men, not only she's beautiful and have full scale sex appeal but also she's evil in a lot of ways and was one of the X-Men's most dangerous foes. What can I say, I love bad girls. ;)
I try to design her to look like somewhat a typical Emma Frost but also with a little spin on her costume by adding a little bit of contemporary fashion design element. Anyway I am hoping to finish it in the a couple more hours.

Recently I've been doing a lot of intermediate level painting and it's sometimes hard to follow for beginners. But I have to move on since there are already a lot of basic drawing and painting tutorials in the blog already. If you are new to this blog there are tons of basic tutorials. More basic superheroes drawing video tutorials go How to draw Fantastic 4 Susan Storm (basic comics style drawing with pose) and watch how to paint Susan Storm invisible woman, and my How to draw comics character Hulk, it also has coloring or paint over tutorial. Also the new arrival video tutorial, How to draw Captain America. And an older video tut, How to draw Batman or Darknight. More drawing tutorials are coming up...stay tune! :)

Also more beginner basic lessons on how to constructed (draw) a face. Then these tutorial will guild you to a basic how to: How to draw lesson girl face, How to draw person head basic. And digital painting tutorial rogue samurai female. As for the face or head (women, female) Draw girl's face how to lesson video and step by step and learn how to draw face, woman. Enjoy the video tutorials.

Here is Emma Frost X-men First Class: (Work in process)

Here are step by step painting Emma Frost:

To see previous step by step go to:

how to paint comics character
Here is the final image so far:
how to draw comics character

Here is the next step: Emma Frost X-men First class
More tutorials

Free  Videos  Download & More

Face  Constructed:  How to draw faces
Face  Constructed: How to paint portraits
-Draw and Paint Women Body Tutorial I: Female Manga Fusion I
-Draw and Paint Women Body Tutorial II: Female Manga Fusion II

Comments

Luca said…
She a bad girl, she's sexy and hot, whoa! Love that character as well! I remember reading her comics of how she discovered her powers and how her rich family treated her.
Nice work Xia, you've got good taste for girls - maybe that's one of the reasons why I sticked here for so long now :D
keep rockin dude, I'm sure you'll make a great piece out of this one- plus that its SO COOL to see a new costume design. I think that if comic industries change the costume of the super heroes, they might make more profit from the sales. At least I think so!
Knuckles930 said…
Second that. The clothing looks good. Can't wait till its finished.
idrawgirls said…
Luca & Knuckle> Thanks bros!!! It's coming along...will update soon. :)