support my work on patreon live workshop and online courses with Xia Taptara FREE VIDEO AND PS BRUSHES

How to draw Anime girl face front view

How to draw Anime girl face front view Step by Step tutorial.

If you land on this page and you think you are on the wrong site? Hold up! No, you are not. This is "How to draw GIRLs." I don't discriminate style or method. I just draw girls. If you are looking for Realistic Face Tutorial: go there:
"How to draw Girl face, realistic" and "How to draw Girl Body: Torso, realistic."

Let's continue on to Anime...

I finally get some times to get around to post step by step drawing tutorial on this.
MORE step by step still images tutorial on Front view anime face



Here is the final image of how to draw Anime Face
how to draw manga face front view
Here is a drawing for Anime girl frontal shot. And now I am going to explain how I sketch step by step. I will try to make this one as easy and simple drawing as possible. Easy tutorial!


Let's begin!


Here is the newest video update Sept 10, 2010.


1) I start with an circle shape drawing (but imagine it's a sphere), very old school and traditional and it quick for me. On this one I am going to draw a frontal shot. (I lways attach the neck and a bit of shoulder with the head when doing face but this time we'll start of just the head)
2) Then I add a triangle shape in middle of the bottom to make a chin.
3) Then draw a horizontal line to divide the circle in half. This horizontal line would be where humans eyes should be, they are usually right in the middle of the face horizontally. And the vertical line that where the nose and lips should line up in relation to the face.


how to draw manga face front view part 1
 

4) Following the marks I made. I draw the eyes and eyebrows, I then also make a mark for nose and mouth. The nose should be place half way in between the horizontal line and the bottom edge line of the circle. The mouth usually half way between the nose and chin (mostly in anime, in reality it could also be measure.)

5) After I have all the important facial feature mark, I go in and tighten up the line drawing. Also I add in her relatively large pupils.

6) At this stage I begin to draw hair line starting from her forehead.

7)- 8) Continue the hairline to frame her face. When do the anime or manga hair, make it simple, simplify big clump of hair and make if jaggy (I might do a tutorial on this later.)

9) The top of the head should be additional half a circle tall, measure from the top of the existing circle.


how to draw manga face front view part 2

10) Almost there! at this stage, I just look at the overall proportion and check if it's ok to finalize the sketch then I add a slim neck and shoulder.

11) It looks ok, then I clean up the construction lines. Done! Now you have anime or manga face sketch. From here, you could tighten up the drawing more or you can go into coloring you Anime face in Photoshop or whatever you prefer.

Clean up and tighten the line drawing and Done!


how to draw Manga face front view
For a BIGGER image go here: Hope this is helpful to you!




Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks so much now i can make my own anime!
idrawgirls said…
Ano> Glad I can help, now there are more tutorials on faces. Look around then you will find tons. :)
See you soon.