support my work on patreon live workshop and online courses with Xia Taptara FREE VIDEO AND PS BRUSHES

Drawing tutorial Zombie Ninja character design

Zombie Ninja digital painting tutorial character design. Well, the last post I did about the first edition of drawing the color sketch zombie ninja (see Manga tutorial drawing zombie ninja it also include many of ninja drawing tutorial links.)didn't really fit what I had in mind. It came out like a sub-par quality which is kind of disappointing. So I did another quick character design again last night. Most of the important elements of the character I keep, like the goggles, darts, pants (almost Hakama like), etc. This time it is creepier, darker and more menacing. Just like what I actually want the character to be.

If you are a beginner, look for more video tutorial on male body, anotomy and such go watch Drawing body muscle torso anatomy tutorial. And Drawing arm muscles bicep tricep There will also be some basic include there. Then you could try out the following tutorial.

Anyway, here is my revenge on my own drawing. ANOTHER version (better) of the same character. I am going to name him "Kenishi" and for sure he will be in Kapow Express. Yes, there will be some Japanese Empire army involve because the time line fall into WWII in the Pacific. But I am not sure why is there a zombie ninja. You will have to follow the Manga comics, ha ha.

Art Tips: From time to time, Doodle with an ballpoint pen. It will get a rid of your bad noodling habits, make you more decisive and have less FEAR of putting down a REAL confident manly line. -Xia

Here is "Zombie Ninja" character design color sketch

Here are step by step drawing and painting process:

drawing tutorial, how to draw manga, art lesson, ninja, zombie

I decided the change the weapons in stead of duo Katana, I replace it with unconventional weapon like Kama because I think it's creepier and sort of unexpected.
Here is a final Zombie Ninja color sketch.
drawing tutorial, how to draw manga, art lesson, ninja, zombie

Some helpful tips from my videos:
Tutorial on Arm

Tutorial on Man's Body (torso)


Drawing Software & Tools I used and recommended:
-Wacom Intuos3 6X8 Pen Tablet or Genius MousePen 6x8
Softwares:
-Gimp or Adobe Photoshop CS4 (Professional software)


FEATURE TUTORIALS:
Environmental Concept Sketch Tutorial
Face Constructed: How to draw faces
Face Constructed: How to paint portraits
-Draw and Paint Women Body Tutorial I: Female Manga Fusion I
-Draw and Paint Women Body Tutorial II: Female Manga Fusion II
-Character Design Tutorial: Dark Valkyrie

Comments

Chris Reeve said…
He's alot more eeeeeeevil then I was expecting! Who is reanimating these ninjas? Only time will tell.

Enjoy the weekend guys!
idrawgirls said…
Chris> Thanks Brother! That's actually what I am aiming at rather than the first zombie draft. Well, yes, only time will tell...only a few more pages away (I think)...zombies start roaming. In the mean time I will have to come up with a few more characters and my version of Chinese zombies.
Luca said…
Creepy badass Zombie! Haha this's gonna be cool in the storyline - I can smell it! :) His position reminds me of Gollum (L.O.T.R. series)... by the way cool idea for making the kamas. This position gives the character more personality rather then the macho style.
Chris Reeve said…
Hey Xia, I thought your guard dog in the slayer tutorial could be a little more fierce looking...

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh235/chijts/afterxiataptara.jpg

SCARY!
idrawgirls said…
Chris> Ha ha...thanks that was actually really ferocious looking. LOL