support my work on patreon live workshop and online courses with Xia Taptara FREE VIDEO AND PS BRUSHES

How to draw Morrigan from Darkstalkers

How to draw Morrigan from Darkstalkers for Manga, Anime and comics.  I will post more info in a couple of days.  Drawing and sketching Manga technique Darkstalkers character, Morrigan. Learn to draw with tips from Video and step by step tutorial.


Whenever I try to draw something new, even if I am familiar with the subject.  I usually look at the image and try to break it down into simple geometry shapes. It is a lot easier to draw once you observe the over all shape of the face or character you are trying to draw. I usually start of using circle or oval or simple geometry shape as a base for character's skull, then next step would be figuring out the next geometry form to fit into the image.


Here is a character information, Morrigan Aensland (モリガン・アーンスランド Morigan Ānsurando?) is a video game character from the Darkstalkers series of fighting games developed by Capcom. She is voiced by Yayoi Jinguji in many of her video game appearances, except in Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds where she was voiced by Rie Tanaka.
Morrigan is a succubus who is very vain and lives for little more than the excitement of battle. She appears as a beautiful woman with long, light green hair, and bat-like wings on her back and on the sides of her head. Morrigan can reshape these wings into spikes and blades when attacking her enemies, as well as using them to shield herself from enemy attacks. Her wings can also separate from her, and form into a cloud of bats. She uses a variety of magical attacks as well.


Here is a breakdown drawing sheet of how to draw Morrigan face

Below is a video tutorial How to draw Manga, Morrigan from Darkstalkers.

Below are step by step Manga drawing images tutorial of Morrigan from DarkStalkers.

From 1) You can see that I just draw basically the base sketch using circle first then extend it down to make an egg shape for three quarter's face foundation.  So that I can us it to build more his facial structure and more detail. 
2-3)  Once I have the head constructed, I will add vertical line to split the face in half measurement.  Then I will draw horizontal line across his face half of the head's height for establishing eyes' base. 
4)  Then I will sketch in eyes, nose and mouth as instruct on the video tutorial.

5-7) I keep refining the base sketch so that all the elements will be at the most accurate positions.  Once I have all the foundation sketch in place, I then will start drawing darker line and sketch out additional detail.


Here is a final drawing of Morrigan from Darkstalkers.

Comments